Queen's OakChurch Lane
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
The only pub in the country with this name, the Queen's Oak is built on land with history going back to Roman times. Originally called the White Horse, it was renamed to commemorate the JUBILEE OAK, which was planted on the green opposite on 21st June 1887 to celebrate Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee. The tree is now sadly dead and felled, but a plaque marks the spot. Slightly off the beaten track but well worth a visit, with a nice garden and a reputation for good quality home cooked food.